Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cranberry Shortbread Bars

I love Dorie Greenspan's recipes.  I think I've mentioned her book Baking: From My Home to Yours before.  Probably 90% of everything I've ever made of hers turns out well, which is a pretty high success rate for a book of over 500 pages.  Here's a few pictures of my version of her Cranberry Shortbread bars - I didn't have enough cranberry sauce to cover the whole pan, so I ended up sauteeing some apples in butter and cinnamon and adding those (as suggested in her creative "Playing Around" sidebars in the book).  This was a big hit at work, and that orange-scented shortbread would be really fine on its own as well!



This is what happens when you try to open the bag of cranberries without a sharp object. Not recommended.







No comments:

Post a Comment