How do you make this...
turn into this?
I'm so glad you asked!
Fried Deviled Eggs with Parsley
6 large eggs
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tb chopped parsley
1 Tb minced onion or scallion
5 Tb olive oil
salt and pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1) Put cold eggs in a saucepan and fill with cold water, until the eggs are submerged by about an inch. Set over high heat, and just as the water comes to a full boil, remove from heat and cover for 15 minutes. Drain the hot water, fill the pan with cold water and rinse several times, then fill with cold water and let the eggs cool while you get the rest of the ingredients ready.
2) Peel the eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Remove the yolk into a separate bowl and place the whites on a plate. (It's surprisingly easy to just pop the yolks out, provided they have been cooked properly.)
3) Add the garlic, parsley, onion, s&p, and 2 Tb olive oil to the yolks. Mix thoroughly with a fork and use a spoon (I used a very small dough scoop) to refill the egg halves. Don't overfill them (you will have some filling left over, which you will use for the dressing in just a minute); press down slightly to set the filling in the egg half.
4) Heat 1 Tb olive oil in a large nonstick pan. Place the egg halves face down in the pan and saute for 2-4 minutes, until they are beginning to brown and become slightly crispy. Remove from heat.
5) In the meantime, make the dressing: in the bowl with the leftover filling, add 2 Tb olive oil, the mustard, vinegar, and s&p.
6) Arrange salad on plates. Top with a few egg halves and drizzle dressing over top.