First off, I totally stole that title from Katy. It describes exactly what these salmon cakes are - deliciously fried in a healthy fat! And they were gooood... and easy and quick. In other words, dinner - now! The recipe below is my version... vague.
FANTASTIC FISH CAKES
1 can salmon, drained
some onion (I used green onion)
Couple spoonfuls of coconut flour
S&P, other spices (a little powdered mustard, maybe?)
A large... maybe overflowing... spoonful of coconut oil
1) Mix the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Don't worry if nothing sticks together, it will! Or you'll threaten with a fiery demise. Oh wait...
2) Divide into fourths (i.e., kinda scootch about a fourth into separate corners of the bowl. Do bowls have corners?)
3) Melt the coconut oil in a skillet (I llluuuuvvvv my cast iron!) over medium-high heat. When it's pretty hot, pat a fourth of the salmon into a little patty and gently lay it in the oil. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. No rinsing.
4) Let them cook undisturbed for... oh... umm..... 4 minutes? 5 minutes? And then flip! Gently. Flip gently. Let cook another 3 minutes or so.
5) Remove from pan and eat with salad. Crispy! Crunchy! Almost like fish & chips! Almost.